Sunday, February 19, 2012

Beating the recession by a neck - San Francisco Business Times:

tarpleypymibujuh1491.blogspot.com
I’d put on a tie. I’ll tell you what a man wearintg atie says. It says, “I’m wearing a Employers like that. Yet, as I look around on my way to work, at going home from work, and on the weekend while workinhg on work I brought home fromwork — I see peopl e not wearing ties. There’s a word for people like tieless. Sometimes I want to grab thesed tieless people bythe lapels, if they have and shake them. “Wake up, buddy,” I want to say. “We’ve got an economivc crisis on our hands, and you’re not wearinhg a tie.” I would be doing a public service.
I realizse that in some circles, ties, both as a fashion statementt and a defenseagainstf unemployment, have fallen out of favor. I oftenm hear people say, “I wouldn’t be caught dead in a tie” or “Tiesd make my neck itch” or “I’jm not wearing no stinking tie.” It makes me want to grab them andshakw them, but I don’t, because I know the quickest way to lose a job, asidre from not wearing a tie, is to get arrester for assault. A guy who wears a tie is too smartfor that. And make no mistake: I’m that guy. Boom or you’ll find me wearingv a tie.
That’s because I know that when bossesw huddle to decide whose heads are goin gto roll, the firstf question they ask is this: “Who’s not wearinbg a tie?” I don’t care what you do for a I don’t care if you drive a That guy in the big rig coming up on your left coulds be your boss. And if you can see him in the side-vieaw mirror, it means he can see you, too. And if he sees you’rer not wearing a tie, it’s too late to put one on. That’as a big 10-4, good buddy, over and out. Ties used to be “qa male consideration.” Some people would have had you believe that only a man coulde weara tie.
A womah wearing a tie was seen as trying to appear too particularly if paired with a splash of This myth was perpetuated by oppressivwe males who knew they coulr increase the odds of keeping their jobs by making sure that half the population went All thathas changed. Yet, even some women think they can get away with not wearinbga tie. They think they wear a scarrf ora shawl, instead. It’s not the same thinhg — not in this economy. Women need to wear Not cravats.

No comments:

Post a Comment