Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gail Tucker - Dallas Business Journal:

sucujovide.wordpress.com
WHY POSTPARTUM CARE: I originally was a labor and deliveryt nurse for24 years. At Texas Health Harrisx Southwest, we had which included caring for the patientgthrough labor, delivery, recovery, and In 2007, our unit separated into two LDR (labor, delivery, recovery) and Postpartum. All of my career, I enjoyecd the fast pace of labor and But when the unitwas separated, I chose postpartum because I wantee to spend more time with the mothers aftee they had their babies. I love educating them and watchinvg them care for their new YOUR WORK: I am the managert of the postpartum unit, where I manage 45 employees. Our unit opene d in June 2007. Our mother-baby unit is the best and we love it.
We focu s on both the mom’sa and the baby’s well-being, which includezs a lot of education for the PATIENT CARE: My philosophy is really extremelyt simple. The patient should always come first. I want for everyt mother to have the bestexperiencer possible. So if everybody (staff) treated everhy patient as they would like tobe treated, what a wonderfulp time the patient woulcd have. I truly believe in The Texaa HealthResources Promise, which is “Individualw caring for individuals, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment